Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Coaster Tutorial

To make each coaster you will need 2- 5" squares of fabric. I used squares from my Moda Charm Pack.
Step one- Take 2 squares. Put the right sides of the fabric together. Sew around 3 of the sides at 1/4 of an inch


Step two-clip the corners of the fabric close to the stitching.

Step three- Turn the coaster right side out, and press the seams flat.

Step four- Take the pin, and the pin cushion away from the baby!

Step five- Turn open end in 1/4 inch (top and bottom) and press.Step six- Top stitch about 1/8" from the edge. Top stitch again at 1/4". Your coaster is finished!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love all your tutorials. I really need to do this one. and I probably have 400 charm packs.

Anonymous said...

Your tutorials are great but are you supposed to stuff the coaster with anyting? Polyfil? Ground Potporri for scent? Thanks

Joanna said...

I love that you have to take the pin and the pin cushion away from your baby, too! That is Marshy's favorite sewing toy, too.